Thursday, August 23, 2012

Jump for Wishes

I know there are a lot of people that have always wanted to go skydiving - I was not one of those people.  I never had the desire to jump out of a plane and fall from the sky.  See, the thing is, I'm actually not very good about cliffs or heights, so the idea of skydiving never thrilled me.  But this past Sunday, I did something I never thought I would - I went SKYDIVING!


Now, it had to take someone or something pretty special to make me do something as crazy as skydiving, and that something special was Make-A-Wish.  Make-A-Wish is an organization that is very dear to my heart, as my cousin Jake, received an Alaskan fishing trip wish after he was diagnosed with cancer when he was in high school.  Jake said that receiving his wish was something that meant so much to him and was the best thing that he did during his battle with cancer.  Because of Jake, I started volunteering and granting wishes for Make-A-Wish four years ago.  I "Jumped for Wishes" in memory of Jake and in honor of all the Wish kids I've had the honor of granting wishes to.


I know Jake was right there with me as I was skydiving.
Make-A-Wish Iowa is celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year.  A wish is granted in Iowa every-other day and at an average cost of more than $8,000.  That is why our Make-A-Wish North Iowa committee decided to "Jump for wishes" to help raise money and awareness for this organization that helps children with life-threatening medical conditions.  Please help support this worthy cause by donating to Make-A-Wish today.

We had 18 people jump for Make A Wish, including an 84 year old and a former Wish kid
Our motto was "Putting our lives at risk, for those whose lives are at risk"
Thank you Skydive Iowa for all your help and support with this likely annual event!

1 comment:

  1. These kinds of blogs are showing what others are doing in this time. And they also providing us information which they are doing here. I know that they are doing best and give a massage from which we can get the update about what they are doing.

    ReplyDelete