Thursday, November 15, 2012

Getting Organized for the Holidays - 1 Week Til Thanksgiving!

Can you believe that it is just one week til Thanksgiving?  It is hard to believe it is November, let alone so close to Thanksgiving for me.  I know the holidays can sometimes be stressful.  So to decrease stress, I try to be as organized as possible and stay ahead of the curve getting things done.  I figured everyone can use some help getting organized for the holidays, so I figured I'd share some "tasks" I'm working on with all of you.

My Family on Thanksgiving Day 2011
1 Week Til Thanksgiving:
  • Finalize Thanksgiving Menu (I'm bringing creamed cauliflower, pecan pie, pumpkin brownies, pickled herring and shrimp dip to Thanksgiving dinner at my in-laws.  I've also finalized what we will be eating Thanksgiving night through the weekend.)
  • Buy Thanksgiving Groceries (I bought mine yesterday so I can stay out of the grocery store all next week!)
  • Finalize Travel during the Holidays (This past week I finalized all our holiday gatherings and travel with our family.  It feels really good to have this done and organized.  Also confirm which family members will be visiting with you during the holidays and get all arrivals and departures on your calendar.)
  • Gift Lists (Finalize your family member's wish lists to send to other family members.  Also start making a gift budget and gift buying list.)
  • Peek at Black Friday sales (I'm personally a big-time Black Friday shopper.  Several stores' Black Friday advertisements are already out for public view.  Take a sneak peak to give you ideas for yourself and others.)
Now the thing for me that takes the most time and energy is Gift Lists.  What are you asking for Christmas this year?  I'm always looking for more ideas for myself, My Farmer and LP.

2 comments:

  1. Great advice! I try to get a lot of my Christmas shopping done early, so I can enjoy the month going to parties, hosting or visiting family, and just enjoying the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wholesale product is the best time to buy flagship deals as most of them will get a massive price cut.There is an additional discount on Debit and Credit cardholders. Today we are going to take a look at a more products that you may look to wishlist before the sale begins. Here wholesale for beauty products you can purchase wholesale product with actual price and give aways you can find Men's accesesories, women accesories, kid's fashion trends, all jewellary sets, men and women smart watches and clothing here.

    ReplyDelete