Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wordless Wednesday - Everything is Better Ala Mode

Everything is Better Ala Mode

Service with a smile from our church youth group at our
church's annual Ice Cream Social this past Sunday
This past Sunday was our church's annual Ice Cream Social.  This event is definitely a community effort!  Members of the church make homemade pie for the dinner, if you don't make pie then you bring browned hamburger for the beef burgers, a select group of ladies make the potato salad with the official church recipe and the youth group makes the ice cream.  So many people work together to make this event happen and I'm so proud to be apart of it.  I made an apple pie and a pecan pie for the social.  Overall, the best part of the Ice Cream Social, hands down, is picking out your slice of pie and getting homemade ice cream put on top of it - because everything is better ala mode!

My Favorite - Homemade Pecan Pie and Homemade Ice Cream
What is your favorite flavor of pie?  Be sure to comment here or join the discussion on my blog's Facebook page.  Mine is pecan, but I do have to say hearing other's favorites on Facebook such as apple, banana cream, peach and cherry, has made me decide all pie is delicious and that I just love pie!

3 comments:

  1. My hubby and I are obsessed with pie lately. Cherry is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd personally choose pie over cake, cookies, etc. any day! Gotta love a good slice of pie - especially with ice cream on top!

      Delete
  2. I love a good apple pie! And don't worry, I bought some to go with that giant bucket of ice cream we got from rescuing the guy who got stuck! haha

    ReplyDelete