Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Sweet & Salty Corn Chips - Tractor Approved Snack

One feature this month through my 31 Days from a Tractor Seat series is that I am sharing are some of my family's "Tractor Approved" recipes.  During fall harvest I have a unique situation where I find myself in the field pretty much all day, everyday, along with my husband and kids.  This means that we don't have that much food in our house because I don't have that much time to run to the grocery store or simply to just cook or bake something.  But one thing I do try to keep on hand are snack foods.  Today I'm excited to share my recipe for Sweet & Salty Corn Chips.  Be sure to check out my other "Tractor Approved" recipes:  Six Week Muffins and The Best Tuna Salad.

Sweet & Salty Corn Chips snack recipe

Why do Sweet & Salty Corn Chips get the "Tractor Approved" seal?  First, snacks are a must for long days in the tractor.  Think about driving in your car for several hours and the sun shining in on you.  You get to a point where you just need a pick me up and a great way of doing that is by having a little snack.  Second, nothing beats the salty and sweet combination of these corn chips.  They help you conquer whatever craving you're having.  Third, this recipe is really simple and fast.  In fact I made a batch tonight when I got home in probably less than five minutes, and that is only because I waited a couple minutes to let them cool before taste testing. :)

Sweet & Salty Corn Chips
1 - 10oz bag Corn Chips
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Corn Syrup
1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter

Lay corn chips out on a baking sheet covered with wax paper.  Then bring sugar and corn syrup to boil.  Take off heat and stir in peanut butter.  Immediately drizzle over corn chips.  Let cool before putting into Tupperware containers or Ziploc snack sacks.

What are some of your go-to snack recipes?  Remember to Comment for a Cause!


(This post is a part of a 31 Days from a Tractor Seat series.  The best way to keep up with this series is to follow via email on the right sidebar of this post or by following on Bloglovin.  Also be sure to like the Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids Facebook page for daily updates from the field.)

4 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Although I wasn't raised a farm girl, I married a man that is a full blood farmer. I have loved learning about the farm. I have a snack that is very tasty and works great for a tractor/combine seat. Kids love it. Find the recipe at http://cookingwithloveinthecountry.blogspot.com/2013/09/buttery-ranchy-party-mix.html. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That looks great! I'll have to make that sometime soon.

      Delete
  2. I never would have imagined this combination!!! Hmmm...it sounds intriguing and I bet it is addictive as well! Loving all of your Tractor Approved Recipes!!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mention the addictive part... My Farmer was so excited to see it this morning that he had some for breakfast.

      Delete